Dietary food for pancreatitis of the pancreas should be complete and dishes are easily digested. A gentle diet should include nutrients based on the principles of good nutrition.
Dietary mass for different types of pancreatitis
The diet for pancreatitis is designed for a long time, includes a variety of dishes that are easily processed in the stomach.
The ratio of essential nutrients is:
- 9, 210 kJ;
- 2, 300 kcal; 85 g of protein;
- 80 g fat;
- 240 g carbohydrates.
The diet for pancreatic pancreatitis includes adherence to the technology of cooking from recommended foods and exclusion from the diet of contraindicated.
For chronic form
In chronic inflammation, foods that can cause an attack of pancreatitis are excluded from the diet:
- sour cream;
- cold drinks, ice cream.
- Meals must be fat-free, only a piece of butter can be added to ready meals, whose daily portion is not more than 20 g.
- You can't eat soups seasoned with frying in butter.
- Limit cholesterol-rich foods such as egg yolks, brains, liver, kidneys.
- Don't eat ice cream or mayonnaise.
- Add sweeteners instead of sugar to sweet dishes.
- Combinations of fats and sugars in foods should be avoided.
Sample menu for people diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis
- 2 egg whites, spinach salad.
- Toast made from a slice of wholemeal bread.
- Coffee or tea.
- Herbal tea.
- Boiled rice or red beans.
- Bread cake without yeast.
- Grated vegetable soup or meat puree.
- Rosehip broth, cookies.
- Fish fillet.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Lettuce with yogurt.
- Herbal tea, a piece of toast.
The main rule of a sparing diet: the food should be simple, low in fat, but complete, as the diet is prescribed not for one day, but for life.
In sharp form
The patient during this period observes bed rest and starvation diet. On the first day after the end of the attack, only warm tea from a spoon should be given. On the 2nd day add biscuits, with a strong feeling of hunger, you can add mashed potatoes without butter.
On the third day it is offered:
- milk tea;
- stale bread;
- cooked rice;
- apple puree.
On the fourth day you can offer:
- cottage cheese;
- mashed vegetable or potato soup.
Exacerbation of pancreatitis occurs in violation of the principle of nutrition. So, during the fasting period, meat products are replaced by carbohydrate foods, legumes, peas, lentils. These foods contain heavy fiber, which requires more enzymes produced by the pancreas to break down.
Eating lots of vegetables, radishes, green onions in the spring worsens the gastrointestinal tract.Pancreatitis does not develop alone, but together with gastritis, inflammation of the stomach.Spring vegetables, freshly squeezed juices, affect the increase in acidity, which causes acid reflux, provoking inflammation in the gland.
The diet for pancreatic pancreatitis during exacerbation should be strict. In case of exacerbation with pain syndromes, the same food intake rules should be followed as during the acute form.
|Approved Products||Prohibited Products|
|Wheat bread rusks, 50g steamed cottage cheese puddings||Confectionery|
|Steamed potato or zucchini puddings, carrots, cauliflower||Ice cream, chocolate, alcohol|
|Slimy soups in water, later in vegetable broths||Canned food, sausages, fatty meats|
|Dried fruit compotes||Strong broths, meat, mushrooms|
|Lean steamed fish||Raw fruits and vegetables|
|Egg whites, omelettes||Radishes, onions, turnips, sorrel, radishes, cabbage.|
Menu after removal of inflammation of the pancreas
- Omelet of 2 proteins.
- Buckwheat porridge on water.
- Cottage cheese souffle.
- Slimy rice soup with breadcrumbs.
- Fish fillet stew.
- Strawberries from xylitol from strawberries.
- Dried apricots.
- Meat souffle made from lean meat.
- Carrot souffle.
- rosehip decoction.
The consistency of the food served should be tender and thick. Serve cottage cheese not in its natural form, but in the form of baked puddings, prepared on egg white, without butter, with the addition of dried fruit.
The main reason for the reactive form is the early activation of enzymes produced by the pancreas. They usually need to be activated after entering the gut, but when the duct in the pancreas narrows, enzymes accumulate.
Accumulating, they destroy glandular tissues and their breakdown products enter the bloodstream.
This happens because:
- chronic diseases;
- alcohol abuse;
- excess fatty foods;
- intestinal infections;
- food poisoning;
- operations on the organs of bile secretion;
- abdominal injuries.
The inflammatory process is eliminated by starvation and after the end of the acute phase one should eat in small doses, eating food only in crushed form. In this case, the diet is prescribed by a doctor and should be carried out under medical supervision.
Menu for 1 day with reactive inflammation after removal of an acute attack
- Mashed potatoes in water.
- Boiled chicken, grated.
- Biscuit tea.
- Fat-free kefir.
- Cottage cheese pudding with raisins.
- Rice soup with vegetable broth.
- Steamed fish cutlet.
- Beet salad dressed with sunflower oil.
- Purified drinking water with crackers.
- Roast chicken fillet.
- Boiled buckwheat in water.
For the night:
Diet, cooking technology is the same as for pancreatitis in acute and then chronic form.
For pancreatitis in children
Children and adolescents with various forms of pancreatitis need long-term professional care to control symptoms and prevent complications. The diet for children assumes the same division as for adults: the period of the acute stage of the disease and the chronic form.
In the acute stage, children are given:
- On the first day, still mineral water in small portions.
- Soup slimy soups are available for 2-3 days.
- After 3 days they are fed with mashed porridge prepared from boiled buckwheat, rice cooked in water.
- Subsequently, steamed protein dishes, crackers, cottage cheese puddings are added.
- In the future you can feed children with beets, carrot soups in the form of mashed potatoes, chicken souffle, steamed cutlets.
Eggs should be included in the diet of children, as they are easily digested due to their resemblance to human protein. Helps to restore the processes in the digestive tract, cottage cheese, with a fat content of not more than 5%, treated with steam or in the oven.
For pancreatitis in adults
The diet for pancreatic pancreatitis includes only 3 technological processes of cooking:
Any solid food has a harmful mechanical effect, so the prepared food should have a soft consistency. Large pieces of food should be rotated through a meat grinder or wiped through a sieve. The amount of food consumed at one time should be less than that of a healthy person, so it should be 5-6 times a day.
During the diet, try to avoid temperature irritants that adversely affect the gastric mucosa. Serve food not too cold, but not too hot.Cold products from the refrigerator - ice cream, soft drinks - are contraindicated.
When cooking, adhere to the principle without salt, using no more than 5-8 g of salt per day, spicy, spicy spices are prohibited.
Prolonged use of ground food is not recommended. After eliminating the symptoms of exacerbation, you should immediately switch to a complete diet. In medical nutrition for patients diagnosed with pancreatitis, a special diet has been developed - No. 5. The first version is shown to patients in the period of acute development of the disease. The second option consists of dishes that are used for the chronic form.
Mediterranean diet for pancreatitis
Recent research by scientists shows that the foods people eat in the Mediterranean are helpful in preventing inflammation of the pancreas. In order for the Mediterranean diet to achieve its effect, it must become a way of life, a system through which the body will receive only healthy foods.
The diet is based on carbohydrates:
- unpeeled cereals;
Fats are in second place: olive oil, sunflower oil.
Third dairy products:
- fermented milk;
- cottage cheese;
Animal proteins take second place:
- red meat;
Many of these foods are allowed for pancreatitis.
The best Mediterranean foods for pancreatitis:
- hot or cold pressed olive oil;
- fresh grilled vegetables;
- cereals, wholemeal biscuits;
- lean red meat, consumed no more than 1-2 times a month;
- natural yogurt, yogurt, sour cheeses.
Partially restricted and prohibited products
- starchy vegetables;
- Sweets other than honey;
- blue cheeses;
- smoked, processed cheeses.
In pancreatitis you can eat seafood, but only 1-2 months after exacerbation.
What you can do:
- shrimp meatballs;
Seafood should be natural or frozen, but not canned. Six months after exacerbation in the diet can be introduced nuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts. Grind them before use.
Sample weekly menu
- Breakfast.Natural yogurt with fresh peaches.
- Lunch.Sandwich with wholemeal bread in pieces with roasted vegetables: pumpkin, carrots, pumpkin.
- Snack.Fresh fruit broth, cracker.
- Dinner.Salad with rice and grated chicken fillet.
- Breakfast.Cottage cheese grated with berries.
- Lunch.Boiled fish, grilled vegetables.
- Dinner.Spinach souffle. Seasonal fruit.
- Breakfast.Natural yogurt with biscuits.
- Lunch.Spaghetti with steamed vegetables.
- Snack.Compote-free apple compote with dry toast from wholemeal bread.
- Dinner.Cottage cheese mousse.
- Breakfast.Protein omelet, steamed, yogurt.
- Lunch.Lean beef with grilled vegetables. Apple broth.
- Snack.Fresh fruit, blackcurrant or jelly from it.
- Dinner.Grilled vegetable salad.
- Breakfast.Sugar-free muesli with yogurt.
- Lunch.Rice with spinach, vegetable broth, sweet tea.
- Snack.Seasonal fruit or banana juice.
- Dinner.Roasted pepper soup with toasted wholemeal bread.
- Breakfast.Steamed omelette with green beans, carrot juice.
- Lunch.Sea fish soup, grilled vegetables, still mineral water.
- Snack.Baked apple.
- Dinner.Spaghetti with feta cheese. Tea.
- Breakfast.Cottage cheese souffle, homemade cake without butter.
- Lunch.Roasted pepper and spinach puree soup, carrot juice.
- Snack.Dates of 1 tsp honey.
- Dinner.Sea fish souffle, yogurt.
Days on an empty stomach
Before you start a diet, you need to plan days on an empty stomach. The best option: diet for 5 days and fast for 1 day. Such a day does not imply complete rejection of food, it is enough to fill the body with 600-700 kcal. Unloading is useful in pancreatitis, gives the body a rest, forcing it to process the food it received in the previous days.
The diet for pancreatic pancreatitis includes therapeutic fasting. This is one of the components of therapy. Doctors prescribe many different periods of fasting, they depend on the severity of the disease and individual tolerance. For medical purposes, during periods of starvation, patients are injected with substances that inhibit pancreatic secretion: atropine, diphenhydramine.
Based on research, fasting for up to 12 days has not been shown to have a detrimental effect on patientswith acute pancreatitis. During this period, their urine and blood returned to normal, all side symptoms disappeared: nausea, vomiting, their health stabilized.
The optimal time for the procedure is 3 days, during which the pancreas can rest completely and continue to function. The process of giving up food must be gradual, as must the process of returning to it. Fasting for medical purposes should only be done under medical supervision.
Diet recipes for children, adults
The following recipes will help not only to alleviate the condition of the body, but also to prepare for therapeutic fasting, if necessary.
Zucchini and cauliflower puree soup
- zucchini, 100 g; cauliflower, 100 g; saline, 3 ml; 250 ml of water;
- oil, 5 years
The dish tastes good when cooked in a slow oven:
- Peel a squash and cut it into cubes.
- Divide the inflorescences into cabbage.
- Soak the vegetables in cold water for 60 minutes.
- Grease the bowl of the multicooker a little oil (you can use sunflower).
- Put vegetables, cover with water, add saline.
- Install the SOUP program and cook according to the mode.
- After boiling, beat the mixture with a blender.
Use saline instead of salt to feed children. In this case, it will not be exceeded. To prepare 15 g of salt, dissolve in 50 ml of warm water and use as directed.
Milk soup with mashed chicken
- White chicken, 300 g
- Potatoes, 3 pcs.
- Milk, 250
- Medium carrots, 1 pc.
How to cook:
- The fillet is topped with milk.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until soft, 25 minutes, adding salt to taste at the end of cooking.
- Remove the fillet, chop in a blender.
- Add peeled and diced potatoes in a saucepan with milk and cook until soft.
- Grate the carrots on a medium grater. Add to the soup.
- Put the chicken puree on a plate, pour over the milk soup. Serve warm.
Slimy oatmeal soup
- Pour 50 g of cereal with cold water, put on fire and cook for at least 2 hours under a lid.
- Rub the prepared cereals through a sieve, boil with the remaining liquid, pour warm milk, 150 g, season with salt or sweetener.
- Instead of milk, you can add water and boil everything together.
Meat noodle casserole
- Boil noodles, 100-150 g.
- Pass 60 g of cooked red meat through a meat grinder.
- Put the meat noodles in a pan pre-greased with oil, add salt.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes after placing a wide plate of hot water underneath.
- The casserole can be cooked in a double boiler.
- For chronic pancreatitis, you can add oil to the casserole.
Steamed meat pudding
- Lean meat, 120 g, cook, minced meat.
- Add 10 g semolina.
- Combine with one, beaten fork, egg whites, mix gently.
- Put the prepared mixture in the form.
- Place in the oven after placing a large pot of hot water on the bottom shelf.
- The dish can be cooked in a double boiler.
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil chicken fillet, then grind it.
- Put chicken, milk, flour, whipped egg whites in a saucepan.
- Put in a form, bake until soft.
- Products: chicken 150 g; flour 5 g; oil 15 g; protein 1 pc.
- Peeled fish, preferably pike, cook, grind through a fine grinder.
- From milk, flour, make jelly sauce, combine with fish.
- Add protein, whipped with a fork.
- Transfer the mixture to a mold, bake in the oven until soft
- Products: fish - 160 g, oils, 25 g; flour 10 g; protein 1 pc.
- Peel 150 g raw pumpkin on a wire rack and bake in the oven.
- Boil rice, mix with roasted pumpkin.
- Pumpkin rice can be added for another 8 minutes. in the oven so that they connect.
- Grate 2 pieces of raw beets on a fine grater.
- Add 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs or flour, salt to taste.
- Stir to form patties.
- Transfer to a deep bowl, add water, no more than 1 cm, simmer until soft.
Steamed Carrot Pudding with Apples
- fresh carrots, 2 pcs. ;
- green apple, 1 pc. ;
- semolina, 1 tbsp . ;
- 1 tbsp milk. ;
- 1 protein;
- oil, about 25 g;
- Cut the carrots on a grater, stew in a pan until soft with milk.
- After 5-6 minutes. add the grated apple. Put another 5 minutes.
- Mix the whole mass in a blender, add semolina, sweetener, combine with whipped protein.
- Place the table in a form and bake in the oven at + 170˚C, after placing a wide pot of hot water on the bottom shelf.
- Ready in 45 minutes.
Cottage cheese souffle
The diet for pancreatic pancreatitis allows the use of cottage cheese.It should be low in fat, but you can cook in a multicooker, in steam mode.
- Beat the curd (100 g) with a hand blender.
- Add grated carrots, semolina (1 tbsp).
- You can add 2 tablespoons of kefir.
- Beat 1 egg white with a fork.
- Put everything together and place in a small ceramic plate.
- Place the container on the multicooker sieve after placing a plate of water on the bottom.
- Set the desired setting and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Cottage cheese pudding
- semolina, 2 tsp. ;
- grated cottage cheese, 200 g;
- protein, 1-2 pcs. ;
- vanillin, sugar or sweetener.
How to cook:
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add the whipped protein.
- Place the mixed food in a greased, breaded dish.
- Bake in the oven for at least 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then turn over on a plateau.
- white from one egg;
- sweetener, vanilla.
How to cook:
- Beat the protein well with a mixer, adding vanilla.
- Put water in a saucepan on the stove, season with salt, wait until it boils.
- Take the protein mass with a spoon and dip a piece in water. After 2-3 minutes. get ready snowballs.
Banana-peach cake is not baked
- cottage cheese, 300 g;
- dry biscuits, 350 g;
- milk 120 ml;
- fresh peaches, 500 g;
- banana, 1 pc. ; gelatin, 30 g;
- water, 200 ml.
How to cook:
- Fill the gelatin with water and let it swell.
- Grind the cookies in a blender, add warm milk, mix everything well.
- Put the mixture in a separate cake pan, after you have covered the bottom with baking parchment, carefully spread it on the bottom of the pan.
- Grind a banana and 300 g peaches in a blender.
- Grate the curd, add fruit to it.
- Heat the swollen gelatin until it dissolves and pour part of it into the curd and fruit mixture.
- Put the mixture in a form on the cookies, cool for 1 hour. before curing.
- After an hour, remove the cake, decorate with the remaining peaches and cover with hot gelatin. Put the cake in the refrigerator for another hour.
- Add sweetener to the curd if desired.
- If the cake is made from canned peaches, then pour the top layer of fruit with gelatin dissolved in peach syrup.
Inflammation of the pancreas, pancreatitis, significantly reduces the quality of life. Digestive failure can be caused by various causes, occurring in different forms. Diet plays an important role in the treatment regimen developed by doctors.