Maggie's 4-week diet has been gaining popularity recently. People who follow their diet and shape have probably heard of this effective diet. It is considered one of the best and easiest weight loss systems. What is this diet and whether it is worth trying, this article will tell.
You will also find a detailed menu for each day, which is presented in the convenience table. How safe it is to use the Maggi diet for weight loss and to whom such a weight loss system is contraindicated.
Maggie's diet or protein diet consists of 2 types of food: eggs and cottage cheese. Surprisingly, only these products can be consumed, not mixed with each other. The only exception is grapefruit, which can be eaten with eggs for breakfast. The dietary period is 2 or 4 weeks.
It is not known who invented this diet, but its name was given by Margaret Thatcher, whose breakfast consists of two eggs and a wedge of grapefruit. This is such a balanced diet, ie proteins combined with citrus fruits are considered the ideal system for weight loss and rapid weight loss.
As mentioned above, the diet lasts 2 to 4 weeks.
1 week. The most difficult moment to restructure the body. At this stage, the body gets used to eating the same foods all the time. Dizziness and nausea may occur, but all symptoms disappear with a glass of clean, still water.
Week 2. By this time, the body is getting used to a certain diet, so the amount of protein intake can be increased. However, stool problems can occur, which are quickly resolved with laxative herbal decoctions.
Week 3. This period is often psychologically difficult, because you no longer have the strength to watch the same products, you want to return to your usual diet. But this week you may notice noticeable results in body weight. Most often, the lost weight gives an incentive to go through the diet to the end.
Week 4. The body is completely restored, the discomfort is not felt at all, and the extra pounds disappear before our eyes.
It is worth noting that such a diet can help you lose 10-12 kg per month. But do not trust pseudo-diets, which also allow the use of shrimp, oil, vinegar, etc. The diet should include only eggs, cottage cheese and citrus fruits.
Maggie's diet for 4 weeks: menu for every day
Basic rules to follow throughout Maggie's egg diet:
- Feeding should be three times a day, while it is recommended to eat at the same time. Two hours after a meal you can have breakfast, like a carrot or a fresh cucumber.
- You can eat even after 18 hours, the most important thing is that the meal is done 3 hours before bedtime.
- Remember to drink plenty of water, at least two liters, tea, coffee, but no sugar.
- It is forbidden to exchange menus, such as lunch and dinner, nor do you have to replace the products listed in the menu with others.
- If for some reason one product has been excluded from the diet, then it cannot be replaced by another.
- Dishes can be cooked in the oven, multicooker, cooked, the use of any oils and fats is prohibited.
- At least a little physical activity is absolutely necessary, you can start with a simple walk.
Before starting a diet, it is best to consult a doctor so as not to harm your body.
Before you start Maggie's diet, you need to decide on the products that will make up the menu for 4 weeks. Although the diet is called an egg, in the original it contained many more ingredients, a list can be seen in the table.
What foods can you eat
- Vegetables. Of course, vegetables and greens come first when choosing products. This choice is obvious, as vegetables are high in fiber and do not contain carbohydrates at all. It is useful to use combinations of several vegetables. They can be boiled, stewed, cooked on a slow cooker and simply eaten fresh. It is allowed to use frozen vegetables and add a small amount of spice to improve the taste.
- Fruits and berries. For good nutrition, fruits should be present in the diet. A feature of this diet is the consumption of large quantities of citrus fruits: tangerines, grapefruits, oranges, as well as kiwis and other fruits.
- Fermented dairy products. You can eat cottage cheese without fat, no more than 9%. It is allowed to eat hard cheese with a low fat content. Kefir and yogurt can be drunk only at 4 weeks.
- Fish and seafood. Preferably also not greasy: haddock, pollock, cod, carp, pike. For seafood, shrimp and mussels are welcome.
- Eggs, poultry and meat. Chicken meat can be eaten without the skin in sufficient quantity, as it is not greasy. The use of eggs and offal is allowed: hearts, liver. You can eat lean meat in the oven, boiled or stewed, without salt and oil.
- Bread. Rye bread, not more than 30 grams, bran or wholemeal bread. Special diet breads sold in health food stores.
- Spices. This diet allows moderate use of spices. You can season salads and ready meals with salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Use sugar-free soy sauce.
- Drinking mode. You can drink water without limitation in quantity. Jam If there is a crisis during your confectionery diet, you can pamper yourself with a lollipop without sugar. Stevia and agave syrup are used as sugar substitutes.
Which foods are forbidden
The following foods are strictly forbidden in Maggie's diet:
- Canned vegetables, meat and fish. Oil-free tuna has been allowed in the last week.
- Sweeteners - sorbitol and fructose, as well as pure sugar.
- Sweet and honey.
- Lentils, beans, beans.
- Bananas, mangoes, grapes, avocados, figs, and high-calorie dried fruits are not allowed from fruits.
- Sauces and mayonnaise.
- Vegetables and butter.
- Pasta and pasta.
- Alcoholic beverages.
It is worth noting that breakfast is the same in the first two weeks. It consists of 2 hard-boiled eggs and half an orange or grapefruit.
|Days of the week||Lunch||Dinner|
|Monday||1 type of fruit and in any quantity (orange, apple, pear, strawberry, cherry, kiwi, pomelo, etc. )||Lettuce leaves, pork or beef in pieces or minced meat, poultry.|
|Tuesday||Chicken without skin||2 boiled eggs, 1 toast with flour or 1-2 loaves, 1 orange or grapefruit, vegetable salad.|
|Wednesday||1 toast with flour or 1-2 loaves of bread, tomatoes, low-fat cheese up to 20% or cottage cheese up to 5-9% in any quantity||Lettuce leaves, lean pork, beef or poultry.|
|Thursday||1 type of fruit and in any quantity.||Lettuce, lean pork, beef or poultry|
|Friday||2 boiled eggs, boiled vegetables||Lettuce leaves, 1 orange or grapefruit, a slice of fish|
|Saturday||1 fruit type||Lettuce, boiled meat|
|Sunday||Chicken fillet, cooked vegetables, tomatoes, 1 orange or grapefruit||All cooked vegetables|
|Monday||Lettuce, pork or beef.||2 boiled eggs, lettuce, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Tuesday||Lettuce, pork or beef.||2 boiled eggs, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Wednesday||Pork or beef, cucumbers 1-2 pcs.||2 boiled eggs, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Thursday||2 boiled eggs, each white cheese up to 20% or cottage cheese 5-9%, vegetables||2 boiled eggs|
|Friday||lean fish||2 eggs (water omelette)|
|Saturday||Pork or beef, 1-2 pcs. tomato, 1 orange or grapefruit||Mixture of fresh fruits (orange, tangerine, melon, peach, apple, strawberry, cherry, cherry, kiwi, pomelo, etc. )|
|Sunday||Chicken without skin, 1-2 pcs. tomato, vegetables, 1 orange or grapefruit||Chicken without skin, tomatoes 1-2 pcs. , 1 orange or grapefruit, vegetables|
|3 weeks (breakfast is distributed from the listed products)|
|Monday||Any fruit in any quantity and at any time. Can be combined with any other fruit except grapes, mangoes, dates, bananas, figs, avocados|
|Tuesday||All day: all cooked vegetables and all fresh vegetable salads, except in combination with potatoes and beans.|
|Wednesday||All day: all fruits listed above, all cooked vegetables, salads in any quantity. Anytime.|
|Thursday||Boiled or fried fish in any quantity, salad (only Chinese cabbage or lettuce leaves) in any quantity, boiled vegetables.|
|Friday||Cooked or fried lean meat, excluding lamb. Or chicken, cooked vegetables.|
|Saturday||All day: one kind of fruit in any quantity, at any time (only apples, or only pears, or only peaches, or only apricots).|
|Week 4 (breakfast is distributed from the listed products)|
|Monday||4 slices of grilled meat or boiled or 1/4 cooked
3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers
1 box of tuna with butter, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit
|Tuesday||2 slices of fried or cooked meat (maximum 200 grams), 3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers, 1 toast, apple or pear, or 1 wedge of melon, or orange, or grapefruit|
|Wednesday||1 tablespoon cottage cheese or white cheese
(skimmed), small plate with cooked vegetables, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit
|Thursday||1/2 boiled or fried chicken, 3 tomatoes, cucumber, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit, one of these fruits|
|Friday||2 boiled eggs, lettuce (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, peppers, without dressing), 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Saturday||2 boiled chicken breasts, 125 grams of cottage cheese or feta cheese, 1 toast, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, yogurt, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Sunday||1 tablespoon cottage cheese, a jar of tuna without oil, a small bowl of cooked vegetables, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit|
How to get out of the diet: rules and guidelines
It is necessary to gradually leave the diet, as the abrupt refusal of dietary food can cause problems in the functioning of the digestive tract. About this:
- for next week, keep in the menu products that the body is accustomed to during the diet (chicken, cottage cheese, citrus fruits, apples);
- try not to eat foods that can cause rapid weight gain (french fries, pastries, pastries, pasta);
- does not increase portions quickly;
- track the number of calories consumed per day;
- do not use sugar (or keep your daily dose to a minimum).
Maggie's diet, the reviews of which show its effectiveness, helps to get rid of excess weight and the habit of regularly eating junk food.
Magdi cottage cheese for 4 weeks - original
The cooked version of Maggie's diet for 4 weeks differs in that low-fat cottage cheese is used instead of eggs.
Thus, the menu table of the Maggi cottage cheese diet does not differ from the previous one, except that 2 eggs replace 200 g of cottage cheese.
Maggie's diet: Which is more effective than cottage cheese or egg
In fact, the main difference between the egg diet and Maggie's cottage cheese is the main ingredient. For a long time, the egg version of the weight loss system was considered harmful and even dangerous because of the prevailing myth about the dangers of cholesterol, which is contained in excess in boiled eggs.However, this myth has already been dispelled and it has become well known that the natural fats contained in eggs are best absorbed by the human body without the formation of large amounts of fatty acids and the accumulation of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels.
Another difference is the fact that Maggi's egg diet is usually calculated for a month, while cottage cheese is much more gentle. The duration of most Maggi cottage cheese diet options is 1-2 weeks, but there are also four-week systems.
It is important to note that eggs and cottage cheese are interchangeable products. Thus, from a diet with eggs, you can switch to cottage cheese without much damage to the body and vice versa.
How often can Maggie's diet be repeated
It is recommended that Maggie's diet be followed no more than once every six months. After the course, however, you can improve the result with the help of a shortened version, going through the first and fourth consecutive weeks again.
Many people, choosing Maggie's diet for weight loss, complain that in the beginning they feel very hungry. This is due to the fact that the stomach has not yet had time to shrink and the amount of food has decreased.
Often the desire to eat causes a breakdown, so it is recommended to use snacks to avoid this.
Various fruits and persimmons on Maggie's diet are not recommended to satisfy hunger. Low calorie vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber and carrots are a great solution.
Breakfast is only allowed two hours after a meal.
Maggie's diet rules:
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- The chicken is released from the skin and fat before cooking.
- Meat, chicken and fish are best cooked or stewed; fried allowed, but without oil, in a non-stick pan. Meat and minced meat are not greasy.
- Vegetables are boiled in water, steamed or stewed. You can add spices, onions, garlic; salt in small quantities.
Broths and spices with flavor enhancers are prohibited.
- The vegetable salad on the menu is a salad made from fresh vegetables without the addition of oil and mayonnaise. You can use salad dressings without oil (with yogurt, lemon or lemon juice, wine or apple cider vinegar diluted with water).
- Drink at least about two liters of fluid a day. Tea and coffee - at any time, but without sugar and milk. You can use a sugar substitute. Stevia is a natural herbal sweetener in tablets or extract, 10-15 times sweeter than sugar.
- If the quantity of the product is not indicated in the menu, then you can eat it without restrictions.
- It is better to start your diet on Monday so that there is no confusion in the menu. If it's another day of the week, it's still a Monday menu.
Forbidden: sugar, butter and all fats, mayonnaise, potatoes, white bread, lamb, fruits with high glycemic index (ripe bananas, watermelon, melon, papaya), dried fruits.
Who shouldn't use Maggie's diet to lose weight
Maggie's diet is quite difficult for the body and has its own contraindications:
- Allergy to ingredients.
- Hypertension and hypotension.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
Maggie's diet has many supporters and skeptics. Even among nutritionists, there is no unequivocal opinion as to whether this is a good and effective diet or rather destructive.
In any case, you can only answer this question by trying it out for yourself. But if there is a deterioration in health, bitterness in the mouth, then it is better to refuse such a method of weight loss.