Yoga is a method for stable and healthy weight loss, not regular strength training combined with grueling diets. By starting to practice yoga, you can not only lose extra pounds, but also completely change your approach to life, giving up bad habits.
Basic rules of yoga
To start your training actively, you must first know some points:
- Yoga lessons can replace exercises, but if you can't find time in the morning, you can move them in the evening, for example from 19. 00 to 20. 00. The main thing is that if you want to achieve good datafor the shortest possible time, you should practice every day.
- During menstruation, girls should give up exercise for the first 3 days. And in the future continue the program at least (without twisting and complicated asanas). At the end of the "days" you can return to the rails.
- Poses should be performed in the most comfortable clothing. If you most often need tight-fitting clothes for fitness, then here you can be absolutely in "free flight", choosing a tracksuit or some light knitted clothes.
- Sneakers and sneakers in yoga are inappropriate, as the classes are aimed at developing the feet and feeling the strength of the feet from toe to toe. So, make barefoot in socks.
- There is almost no special equipment for classes in yoga. You will usually need a mat or yoga mat, a support block and a strap. The latter elements are most often required by beginners.
- Support blocks in the form of "bricks" of wood (most often) are needed to perform complex asanas so as not to injure, and in the absence of flexibility of the lower back, "enter" the asana gradually -first leaning on the blocks, then going down below.
- A belt is needed when there is no necessary stretching and to perform asanas to gently stretch the arms and legs.
Yoga for weight loss belly
Almost every woman suffers from a stomach - either it is too round, or the suffering is caused by sagging skin after childbirth. There are solutions to every problem in yoga, moreover, if you exercise regularly, the result will become noticeable in a week.
Before doing the exercises, a warm-up is needed to prepare the body for new loads. Each position should be fixed for at least a minute, perform 2 approaches.
Maximum Stretching Posture or Uttanasana
The ideal exercise that works specifically for the abdominal muscles:
- Standing just as you inhale, raise your arms, stretching your spine, and exhale slightly to lower your legs as if you were folding into a rectangle.
- Feel the whole body, press (the stomach should be raised) and fix the position.
- To get out of position, inhale and slowly rise to the starting position, but now with your hands down.
Exercise that directly acts as an active fat burning in the abdomen. In addition, performing the asana tones the whole body:
- Sit on the mat with your legs bent at the knees.
- Take a deep breath and pull your back straight back, about 60 degrees. If you perform the exercise on your own, then it is better to control yourself in front of the mirror so that your back does not become round during the asana.
- As you exhale, lift your feet off the floor and slowly stand up with your toes at eye level. The arms should be extended parallel to the floor and fix the position.
Staff support or bottom
Asana, which helps to activate all the keys of the body to combat fat accumulation in the waist area. This improves posture and strengthens the muscles of the arms and legs:
- Lie on your stomach, get ready to do arm support.
- As you exhale, slowly lift yourself up, resting on your palms and toes. In this case, your hands, fingers and palm should hold your body firmly, ie they should be "pressed" into the floor (mat) as much as possible.
- Fix the position.
- Exit the asana smoothly, not at the end of your strength, but feeling the significant work of the press. Take a deep breath and exhale - relax for a few minutes.
This asana activates your abdominal muscles:
- Stand up straight and slowly, as you exhale, lower yourself with an emphasis on your arms.
- Spread your fingers wide, leaning on them and your palms, forming a triangle in this position.
- The abdominal muscles should be pulled, the back - as straight as possible: in this position there is a particularly pleasant tension in the shoulders, shoulders and abdomen.
- Get out of the pose by gently moving your palms to your feet. Slowly rise, first forming an angle of 90 degrees and then return to the starting position.
Excellent "examination" of the press, back muscles, back of the thigh:
- Lie on your stomach, stretch your arms back and press into the lock (or you can keep them parallel to the floor).
- Stretch your arms back and legs up. Beginners can use the walls as a support to raise their legs as high as possible.
- When performing this exercise, the buttocks should be pressed, the neck should not be tense and the most important thing is the tension in the press, back, arms and legs.
- When you reach the "apogee" of your abilities, pause for a minute and relax, returning to the starting position.
Works great for abdominal vertebrae, tendons and glutes:
- Lie on your stomach, relax.
- Place your palms around your ankles and stretch as far as possible. Feel the tension in your abdomen, arms, legs and thighs.
- Fix the position for a minute and repeat 3 times with a break of 10 seconds.
This stretching is great after a cycle of asanas and to strengthen the back and abdomen. Lying on your stomach, get up on your hands (hands should be under the shoulders) and stretch up.
In this exercise it is very important not to throw your head back too much or not to strain your lower back. You need to look up and feel the stretch, as this position is often final - relaxing.
The position can be fixed from 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeated 3 times with a break of 5 seconds.
By doing these exercises, you can remove excess fat from the abdomen and sides, but yoga is not limited to this - it is universal, as almost every exercise involves not only the abdominal muscles, but also the legs, arms or back, which allowsyour body in a plastic, flexible state.
Stretch your legs and hips with yoga
Every woman tries not only to reduce the volume in the thigh area, but also to fight the problems on the inside of the thigh, which without development very quickly become relaxed, cellulite or "ears" appear. The following yoga asanas will solve similar problems by making the thighs taut and elastic.
An asana that works actively with the muscles of the buttocks and legs, actively stretching the muscles of the back:
- Put your feet together.
- As you inhale, raise your arms up and fold your palms.
- Start squatting slowly as you exhale. You need to remind yourself of a spring that has gathered.
- Slowly stretches to return to its original position.
No need to shake your legs - you can do the exercise in 30 seconds for 3 sets. So it contributes significantly to the formation of a beautiful line of the thighs and burning calories.
In yoga the main thing is to work on relaxation. When you can breathe evenly for a minute during the exercise, it means that your muscles are already becoming more plastic and elastic and you will soon see the result!
Ideal for tracking the position of the chair:
- Lie on the floor and relax.
- Bend your knees and place your legs next to your pelvis.
- As you exhale, lift your pelvis off the floor so that your knees form a 90-degree angle. The buttocks should be attracted, as well as the abdominal muscles, and the arms and neck should not be tense, the shoulders and head should be supported.
- Lock the position for a minute.
- Lower your hips to the floor and then your legs.
Dogs down with a variable element
Asanas are often supplemented or complicated. This is just a complicated version of the "dog", as it activates the work of the leg muscles:
- Form a "triangle" with your body, becoming a "dog face down" position: when exhaling, on one side, lean on your hands (and not only the palms are support, but also the fingers), on the other hand - on the toes. . .
- After fixing the exhalation position, lift one leg first and then the other. Record each leg raise for at least 15 seconds.
Asana has many interpretations. The next one "pumps" the whole body and also works to the maximum on the waist:
- Stand up and make the maximum kick on your right foot. In this case, both feet must be stable - you must feel the feet and toes.
- As soon as you realize that you are standing, fix your position and as you exhale, raise your arms, folding your palms.
- Stretch up - the stomach should be stretched, the muscles tense.
- When leaving the asana, lower your arms, straighten the supporting leg and return to the starting position.
Maximizes the beauty of the thighs and fat burning in this area:
- Spread your legs so that your thighs are parallel to the floor and your knees are just above your ankles.
- The arms should be bent at the elbows at 90 degrees and the palms open and pointing upwards.
- Fix the position and feel that the tension from the legs is distributed throughout the body, the stomach is pulled.
- Stay in position for 30 seconds to a minute, then straighten your legs and bring them together.
Eagle Warrior 3 pose
To do this exercise, you need stability in your legs and feet. The posture works well for the muscles of the legs and thighs. Therefore, if you are a beginner yogi, after gaining strength in the legs and toes, you should master this exercise, as it is an excellent means of burning fat:
- Standing on the mat, lean forward at a 90 degree angle.
- Clasp your hands.
- Slowly lift one leg first and fix the position for at least 15 seconds, then the other leg with a fixation.
- Give yourself 5 seconds to rest and repeat the exercise 2 more times.
Alternatively, you can use a diet to lose weight legs, as well as strength training. Such an integrated approach will help to quickly achieve the harmony of women's legs.
Exercises with Denise Austin
Denise Austin has developed an author's method for losing weight through yoga, which works flawlessly. And it helps not only to lose weight, but also to work for the result of rejuvenating your body.
There are 4 parts to Denise's training program:
- A set of yoga exercises aimed at burning extra pounds and conducting a wellness procedure for the gastrointestinal tract.
- Developing the muscles of the legs, thighs and buttocks. Exercise will tighten your problem areas and displace cellulite.
- Working on the abdominal muscles is a difficult area and Denise uses fitball to be most effective (see also - fitball exercises).
- Final release. All processes started during training should be consolidated and the muscles should receive a well-deserved rest.
Combining strength yoga with fitness exercises is a winning option for fast weight loss and toning. This workout needs to be performed 3 times a week to maintain the "effect", and to actively fight excess weight you can increase their number and do it every other day.
Such a weight loss program takes an hour of your time and accurately hitting the asanas corrects the figure and brings it to perfection in the shortest possible time.
Yoga is not only a way to relax and accept yourself, it is an opportunity to keep your body in its original form without resorting to additional physical training equipment. By taking 30-60 minutes every day at home, you can ensure your perfect shape.