The egg diet is already being actively discussed on the Internet, but before resorting to this method of weight loss, you should not only go to a specialist for an individual recommendation, but also try to understand its benefits, effectiveness and safety (and for a start - of coursein whether it really has at least one of the listed concepts).
Eggs have become part of everyone's daily life. Some prefer to have breakfast with boiled or fried eggs, some use them for dinner with herbs, and some completely make up their diet from them.
The egg diet is a quick, temporary approach to weight loss based on extremely low carbohydrate intake. Osama Hamdi, the professor who developed a new nutrition formula, called his system "chemical, " but it became known on the Web as the "egg. "It consists of the following: eggs become the main ingredient in the menu and you can diversify your diet with lean meat and fish, vegetables and fruits.
This type of diet was originally developed for people with diabetes. Later it became clear that by following such a diet, you can also quickly get rid of extra pounds (though not for long). The network claims that this diet is most effective for those people who weigh more than 100 kilograms.
The most popular version of this approach is Maggie's diet. According to one legend, it was specially created for Margaret Thatcher. However, there is no evidence of this. Eggs have long been considered a staple in many diets. This is due to the peculiarities of egg white, which is absorbed by the body more than 95%.
The essence of the egg diet
This type of food restriction is not a monodiet, ie the patient should not be limited to eggs. You can safely add citrus fruits (especially grapefruit) to the menu, as well as a large number of vegetables and other products.
The diet works as follows: it takes energy to process proteins. It comes from carbohydrates. If they come from outside in insufficient quantities, the body takes energy from its internal reserves. Thus, for muscle function and protein breakdown, it begins to process fat. This diet, like most others, is not aimed at maintaining a constant weight. It is most often calculated for a certain period, which does not exceed one month.
Express options are suitable for the rapid release of no more than 2-3 kilograms of weight, which then return almost faster than they were destroyed.
The content of basic nutrients in chicken eggs, %
100 grams of chicken protein contain about 7. 5 grams of carbohydrates. You receive no more than 30 kilocalories per serving, which is approximately equal to 9% of the required energy consumed per day.
If we look at the composition of a chicken egg, we get the following:
- fat content = 0%;
- protein content = approximately 80%;
- carbohydrates = 7, 5%.
Contrary to popular belief, chicken eggs do not contain cholesterol and trans fats. 100 grams of chicken protein will provide the body with more than 105% of its daily value, while the fat content will be 0, and carbohydrates - only 3% of the same norm.
Eggs are an optimal source of protein that is perfectly absorbed by the body. However, digestibility also depends on the degree of processing of the product.
For example, raw eggs are only 50% digestible. And only when they are heated can the digestibility increase to 92%. At the same time, you should not boil or fry them for a long time; for best results it is recommended to cook with fried eggs or to cook soft-boiled.
What is a diet egg and how does it differ from a table egg?
Dietary egg differs from ordinary egg only in its shelf life. If the canteen or any other can be stored for up to 25 days, then the shelf life of the diet egg will not exceed one week. There are no other differences (for example according to BZhU) between these products.
How much can you lose weight?
According to people who adhere to this diet, in 4 weeks they have managed to lose 10-12 pounds. Also, many losers claim that such a diet has a lasting effect, but after it it is impossible to look at eggs and citrus fruits: after all, they make up the majority of the diet.
Opinions of doctors and nutritionists
The opinions of doctors, nutritionists, are not as enthusiastic as those of people who are far from online medicine. From a medical point of view, such a diet is considered a protein diet, which is why many experts consider this diet unbalanced. Even taking into account the fact that the menu is varied, it cannot be called correct. Doctors say that in the absence of fat and complex carbohydrates, the body can be oversaturated with protein. In this case, the person who loses weight has the following symptoms: headache, weakness, nausea, trembling in the body, fainting. All this is due to the lack of carbohydrates, which "regularly" provide the body with energy, and protein becomes only an alternative for its production.
Experts are very careful about this technique, because with this type of diet the balance of BJU suffers, which has a negative effect on the body. Lack of fat affects the functioning of the central nervous system and also causes a weakening of the immune system. People who adhere to this type of diet, note the appearance of irritability, headaches.
Benefits of the egg diet
The egg diet is considered one of the few in which there is no constant feeling of hunger. You can't count calories on it by constantly limiting yourself to food.
Other pluses include:
- ease of cooking;
- fast results;
- trace elements that are in the composition of eggs can positively affect the quality of hair growth, nails, skin condition;
- the body quickly gets used to small portions and simple foods.
However, this diet has disadvantages and even contraindications.
Contraindications to the egg diet
The list of approved products may vary slightly. It all depends on the duration of the diet: it will be a week, two or a month.
Despite the simplicity of the diet, it has a number of strict rules:
- it is forbidden to change the order of meals, ie you can not eat lunch for dinner or vice versa;
- it is forbidden to remove or add any food during the diet;
- it is necessary to eliminate sugar, mayonnaise and sweets from the diet;
- drinking alcohol is also strictly forbidden;
- the amount of water consumed should be increased;
- in case of damage to something forbidden, it is better to start the diet again. It will be useless to continue it.
It should be borne in mind that rapid weight loss can lead to exacerbation of chronic diseases, so you should approach each technique with care.
List of approved products
- chicken or quail eggs. 3 quail eggs = 1 chicken;
- all citrus fruits are allowed in unlimited quantities. Among other fruits, preference should be given to non-caloric species: for example, peach, pear, melon, pineapple or apple;
- meat, lean chicken;
- low-fat varieties of fish. These include cod, pollock or tuna;
- vegetables will be a great addition to the egg diet. For example, carrots, cabbage, eggplant, beans, peas, beans are also allowed;
- any vegetables - dill, parsley, onion or garlic - can be used as a spice;
- The cheese is also high in protein; for example, 100 grams of cheese will have almost 25 grams of protein, while eggs will have this number in the range of 10-12 grams;
- all herbal infusions of beverages (of course without sugar) are allowed. You can use kefir, but always without fat.
If cheese appears on the menu, then preference should be given to soft varieties and all salty varieties should be set aside.
Fully or partially restricted products
It is best to completely exclude from the diet salt, pepper, spices, sauces.
It is worth limiting the consumption of the following foods:
- legumes; despite the fact that they are not prohibited, they should be used with caution. For example, a few tablespoons of beans would be a good addition to chicken;
- bakery products. Once a week you can pamper yourself with toast or a piece of bread;
- cheese is also one of the foods that should be consumed with caution. You can consume about 20 grams of feta, feta cheese or adygea cheese a day;
- consumption of sweet vegetables - such as beets or corn - should also be kept to a minimum;
- it is better to slightly limit the consumption of even not very sweet fruits.
List of prohibited foods
- fruits high in sugar. It is worth giving up figs, mangoes, grapes and bananas;
- canned vegetables;
- pasta, confectionery;
- cereals, even if cooked in water;
- sausages and fatty meats such as pork, duck or lamb;
- milk, kefir is fatter than 2, 5%. The curd must not be thicker than 5%;
- all kinds of sweet carbonated drinks.
During the diet, the body is under stress, so you should not give it extra load in the form of alcohol.
Egg diet for 7 days
The weekly diet allows you to quickly get rid of extra pounds. Biotin, which is contained in eggs, is responsible for the process of burning fat. The variety of products allows you not to experience severe stress while losing weight. The cost of products will not exceed 2-2, 5 thousand rubles. According to those who lose weight using this technique, you can lose up to 5 pounds. Some doctors advise you to adhere to such a diet every six months.
The seven-day diet menu can vary. Here is one of the countless examples.
Detailed menu (optional)
Breakfast during the week will not change much. In the morning it is best to eat an egg, 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, citrus fruits. The drink can be diluted fresh juice, coffee or tea without milk and sugar.
In addition, the diet will be scheduled, except for breakfast.
- Lunch can consist of 2 eggs, tomatoes or other vegetables. You can make herbal tea;
- For dinner you can eat 1 egg, grapefruit or orange, infuse an herbal infusion. You can dilute the diet with carrot vinaigrette, beets, 1 potato. It is not necessary to season the salad with oil.
- For lunch you can eat fruit, but only one species. These can be 2 apples, an orange or a grapefruit.
- Dinner can consist of boiled beef, a portion of vegetable salad without butter.
The third day:
- Lunch: boiled chicken fillet without skin, green tea without sugar. You can also afford to eat a piece of bread once a week.
- Dinner: 100-150 grams of lean fish, small grapefruit.
- Lunch: stew low-fat meatballs, add cauliflower.
- Dinner: 2 eggs, 150 grams of fish, vegetable salad without butter.
- Lunch: 2 eggs, each salad without butter. For example, you can make a salad with carrots, cucumbers and green apples. All ingredients must be either finely chopped with a knife or grated.
- Dinner: steamed fish, garnish with tomato and spinach salad. You can also eat 1 orange.
- Lunch: each fruit from the permitted list, but only one species. For example, 2 apples or a small orange.
- Dinner: any kind of vegetable salad. For example pepper, spinach, tomato.
- Lunch: cook 150-200 grams of skinless chicken fillet, steamed vegetables.
- Dinner: You can cook steamed cauliflower, broccoli. Grapefruit, orange.
Egg diet for 2 weeks
Egg diet for 2 weeks allows you to get rid of almost 10 pounds of excess weight. The feeling of hunger in this type of food may be present only during the first 2-3 days. At that time, the body just restructured, getting used to the new regime.
Breakfast from the two-week diet depends only on the choice of weight loss. It is best to have a small grapefruit, orange or other citrus for breakfast. 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, black tea or coffee without milk, sugar. It can be replaced with a glass of diluted freshly squeezed juice.
The menu for the second week can be as follows:
|Monday||200 grams of lean meat can be cooked or steamed. Vegetable salad.||2 soft-boiled eggs, one citrus.|
|Tuesday||150-200 grams of fish (for example, pollock), a salad of all kinds of vegetables.||200-250 milliliters of nonfat yogurt, vinaigrette without butter, beans and pickles.|
|Wednesday||150 grams of cottage cheese, the percentage of fat is not more than 5, steamed vegetables.||Vegetable salad with boiled meat.|
|Thursday||Boil or roast skinless chicken leg, vegetables.||Eggs, cucumber or tomato.|
|Friday||Lean meats can be steamed with vegetables, apple, pear or orange.||150 grams of fish, tomatoes with onions or garlic.|
|Saturday||100-150 grams of low-fat cheese, 1 toast, vegetables.||One kind of any fruit, unlimited quantity.|
|Sunday||Cooked meat with vegetable salad, apple or plum.||You can make zucchini stew by adding some peas (canned), carrots. 2 boiled eggs, orange or other citrus fruits.|
Egg diet for 3 and 4 weeks
Long-term diet can adversely affect health, therefore, in case of signs of malaise, it should be stopped immediately and seek professional help immediately. This diet causes a lot of stress in the body, so the result may not live up to expectations.
From the 3rd week the diet changes completely. Each day you can eat only 1-2 products from the list of allowed. At the same time, eggs are excluded, and the main focus of the menu is on vegetables, fruits, fish or meat.
A detailed menu for the third week might look like this:
- Monday: For breakfast you can eat any fruit from the list of allowed fruits. Forbidden: bananas, grapes, mangoes, dates. You can eat the same foods you ate for breakfast throughout the day.
- Tuesday: in the morning you can steam vegetables (only potatoes are forbidden), any vegetable salad. There are also vegetables for lunch and dinner.
- Wednesday: throughout the day you can eat all kinds of fruits and vegetables in unlimited quantities.
- Thursday: During the day you can eat lean fish with steamed vegetables.
- Friday: boil or roast lean meat, at lunch and in the evening it is better to give preference to vegetables.
- Saturday / Sunday: for these days you can choose one type of permitted fruit - and eat them without restrictions.
Week 4 is the most difficult period in the diet, there are stricter restrictions. The foods listed below should be consumed throughout the day, in any quantity. It is strictly forbidden to exclude or add anything to the menu.
- Monday: 200 grams of each lean meat, you can cook it in any way, for example to cook or bake. Canned tuna without oil, 3-4 tomatoes, a small orange or other citrus.
- Tuesday: almost no different from the diet on Monday, only citrus can be replaced with other fruits.
- Wednesday: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, toasted rye bread, all kinds of vegetables, citrus fruits.
- Thursday: 200 grams of chicken fillet, tomatoes, cucumbers, one type of permitted fruit.
- Friday: hard-boiled eggs (not more than 2 pieces), 3-4 tomatoes, all kinds of cooked vegetables, orange.
- Saturday: 200 grams of boiled or steamed chicken, 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, low-fat kefir, orange or grapefruit.
- Sunday: cottage cheese, tuna without oil, a slice of rye bread, orange, grapefruit.
Termination of the diet with eggs
Diets are always stressful for the body, so they must be completed properly. A sudden transition to the usual type of diet almost always becomes a reason for the return of excess weight. There are some universal rules that will help you get out of the diet without harming your health. First, familiar foods should be introduced into the diet gradually. Thus, the risk of stomach overload is minimized.
Secondly, 7 days after the diet it is worth continuing to eat those foods that were the basis of the diet. Eggs, chicken, fish and vegetables cannot be completely excluded from the menu.
Third, flour, sweets should be added to the menu gradually, 2 weeks after the end of the diet.
Also, do not forget about water, it is just necessary to maintain water balance. Proper nutrition after a diet will keep the result for some time.
Results from diets with eggs
The internet is full of rave reviews about this weight loss method. The girls claim that being overweight really disappears quickly, that you can lose up to 20 kilograms during the whole period of the diet, some sometimes write that their former fat does not return to them immediately, and even when switching from this diet to the previous diet, the ideal shape for which one is supposed to stay for a long time.
Of course, "reviews on the Internet" do not reflect the true picture of the egg diet. In fact, few people manage to lose 15-20 pounds in 3-4 weeks. For the whole course can disappear only 2-3 extra pounds, which will gladlyreturn soon after completion. Furthermore, it is quite difficult to endure such a period and any disruption of the process means that the whole course must start from the beginning.
In general, as always when diets are discussed, the issue of maintaining the weight loss results achieved through conscious dietary restrictions comes to the fore. But when this need is translated into the plane of habit, it ceases to be a problem. So, why choke on frozen eggs and grapefruits week after week to see your previous numbers on the scales after the same number of weeks, when thanks to psychotherapeutic methods you can get into the habit of eating properly throughout your future life?
Summarizing the above, we recall that diet is always an individual process. Without going through a preliminary examination with a doctor, it is impossible to say in advance what results you will have after the notorious 1-4 weeks and how these experiments with eggs will affect overall health, so any thought of limiting your usual diet firstdiscuss better with a specialist.