No fancy recipes or grueling diets. We act according to science: we select effective exercise complexes (exercises) for weight loss at home, the right products and do not give ourselves indulgences. In this way we will get a noticeable result and we can keep it for a long time.
Exercise and eating at home: how to eat if the goal is to lose weight on the sides, abdomen, thighs and body tightening?
Whether we like it or not, losing weight on the spot will not work. The fairer sex is genetically engineered to have a supply of nutrients in the abdomen, sides, thighs and buttocks. That is why the problem area is often called the "rescue buoy". Externally, by the way, it is also similar.
Fighting the lifeline with restrictive diets is useless. Body fat deposited "for a rainy day" is consumed extremely slowly in conditions of a sharp reduction in calorie intake. With a sharp reduction in nutrition and lack of exercise, muscles may be the first to enter the furnace. we slow down the metabolism, which leads to two adverse effects:
- weight loss during a reduction (restrictive) diet slows down sharply, we lose motivation and thus increase the likelihood of breakdowns with bouts of gluttony;
- rapid weight gain after the end of the diet, a set of more pounds than it was before the start of weight loss.
Do you remember the joke "I lost consciousness, I woke up in the kitchen when I was eating chocolate borscht"? Here. This is a classic manifestation of overeating attacks that are designed to save us during periods of forced fasting.
Proper nutrition for beginners
What to do? Create a diet according to the needs of the body, focus on protein foods, limiting the amount of fat and carbohydrates consumed. We replace easily digestible carbohydrates with hard-to-digest ones (without sugar and rolls, but brown rice, buckwheat and legumes are just that).
When you embark on the path of proper nutrition, it will not be superfluous to gain the support of like-minded people who are aimed at tightening the body. For example, there are enough groups on social networks that unite followers of healthy eating. The influence of like-minded people should not be underestimated. Your whole environment, the people around you are interested in stability. In this regard, those who often plan to lose weight are forced to withstand the pressure during a meal or just hear comments about the hopelessness of their enterprise. Everything becomes easier when you communicate with someone who has already lost weight and has probably "hooked" his relatives on proper nutrition.
Also, in groups and forums are collected a huge number of recipes for delicious dietary first and second courses, as well as desserts that do not harm the figure. Don't you know that losing weight can be delicious? Are you still sure that your husband, children and other family members will not eat healthily with you? In fact, losing weight is a great opportunity to try new things and diversify your menu. Use it.
Workouts at home
What regular training and exercises at home give us:
- increase muscle mass, which helps speed up metabolism and speed up fat burning;
- change in the direction of the silhouette and the proportions of the body.
What happens when we exercise during solid, restrictive diets? The body does not have the resources to build muscle, as all its efforts are aimed at surviving difficult conditions.
We artificially fight in a state of stress, which disrupts all life processes. The benefit is small, only the feeling of fatigue and hopelessness from the fact that the efforts made lead nowhere.
That's why we recommend that you don't get carried away with reducing your calorie intake during weight loss and active sports. Low fat deficiency and lack of easily digestible carbohydrates can work wonders for our body, provide fast results and stable weight after the end of the diet.
How and from which exercises will we build workouts that can be done at home? We offer several programs that are suitable for both beginners and those with some experience in fitness. Each of the programs has the ability to regulate and increase the load. This means that in addition to the ideal proportions of the body, you can further develop endurance, improve the functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems and increase coordination of movements.
The emphasis in each of the programs will be placed on the problem areas of the body, which will help to quickly get rid of fat deposits, make a narrowed waist, thinner hips, and if desired, increase the volume of the buttocks.
Morning exercises for weight loss
We will train in the morning according to the standard plan for sports activities:
- performing the basic set of exercises
- hang and stretch
As a warm-up, it is appropriate to run on the spot, remove the legs and other active movements, the purpose of which is to prepare the musculoskeletal and respiratory systems for the load. Criterion for the effectiveness of the warm-up can be considered a significant increase in heart rate, blood flow to the face and limbs, which is accompanied by a feeling of warmth, and when exercising in a warm and humid room, sweating also occurs.
Very effective exercise for training the gluteal muscles. Its obvious advantage is that even beginners can do it without the risk of breaking the technique and injuring themselves. The movement is quite simple and natural, which excludes the possibility of mistakes.
The gluteal bridge is performed as follows:
- Starting position - lying on the floor, legs bent at the knees and spread shoulder-width apart, arms outstretched or stretched to the sides
- Tighten the buttocks, lift the body so that the buttocks, lower back and part of the back to the shoulder blades are detached from the floor and form a straight line with the hips while the shoulders, neck and head continue to lie on the floor.
- Hold at the highest lifting point for 3-5 seconds, further tensing the buttocks, then return to starting position.
For a start it will be enough to do 3 sets of 10 repetitions. The number of repetitions may increase in the future. You can also complicate the task by using weights such as barbells or dumbbells.
Another version of the "advanced" gluteal bridge can be considered an exercise performed with legs standing on a support, such as a bench.
Lifting straight legs
This exercise can be performed in two different variants: lying down and hanging on a bar. Both modifications are aimed at intensive development of the muscles of the lower abdominal muscles. The supine position is technically and physically easier to perform. But the second option is more suitable for experienced athletes and people in good physical shape.
Lifting straight legs from a lying position is performed as follows:
- We are lying on the floor face up, stretching our arms over our bodies.
- Raise upright legs in an upright position, pull the socks towards you.
- While inhaling, lower your legs, but do not put them on the floor, we keep them at a height of 5-15 cm above the floor.
- When exhaling, we return the legs to their original position.
- Make sure that the lower back is always "glued" to the floor.
The lower you lower your legs, the more your abdominal muscles tighten. You can start from a high enough starting position so as not to overload the muscles of the upper back and neck. As the strength increases, the legs can go lower and lower.
Lifting straight legs in the crossbar suspension, do the following:
- We grab the crossbar with our hands and hang on it so that our feet do not touch the floor.
- When exhaling, lift the straight legs so that they form a right angle with the body.
- We keep our feet in this position for 3-5 seconds.
- As we inhale, we gradually return the legs to their original position.
Those looking for quick results can add another step to the exercise. Includes lifting the legs to the level of the barbell. It is difficult, but it is quite possible with regular training. So the middle third of the abdominal press, the front surfaces of the thighs and the shoulder girdle are work-related.
Start with 3 sets of 10 repetitions. You can then increase the number of repetitions.
This exercise engages the abdominal muscles and the front of the thigh.
The exercise with scissors is performed as follows:
- We lie on our backs, stretch our arms over our bodies, our hands can be placed under our buttocks.
- Raise your legs above the floor, press your lower back firmly against the carpet.
- Alternatively, spread your legs apart and cross them, mimicking the movement of scissors.
For starters you can perform 30 reps in 3 sets.
Crisp from elbow to knee
Add loads to the muscles of the press and hips.
The exercise is performed as follows:
- Starting position - lying on your back, hands in the lock at the back of the head, legs bent at the knees and shoulder-width apart.
- As we exhale, we begin to stretch our elbows to the knee of the opposite leg, which we detach from the floor.
- Ideally, the elbow and knee should touch lightly.
- When inhaling, we descend to the starting position.
- We repeat the movement for the other side.
During movement, only one arm must be detached from the floor. Do not pull yourself over your head trying to make the task easier. The movement should be performed not because of the muscular effort of the arms, but because of the work of the muscles of the abdomen and legs.
Exercise for those who are good at static boards. For starters, it is best to train enough endurance first.
The dynamic bar is executed as follows:
- We get up at the bar with an emphasis on the forearms. The abdomen is tucked in, the buttocks are tense. The wrists are located below the shoulder joints.
- As we exhale, we rise to a position with an emphasis on the palms - a classic ribbon.
- When inhaling, return to the starting position.
We perform 10 repetitions in 3 series.
"Vacuum" is what you need to create a perfectly flat stomach. This exercise can be used as a cooling exercise.
The exercise is performed as follows:
- We take as deep a breath as possible.
- We remove the stomach and begin to exhale.
- We squeeze as much air as possible from the lungs, feeling how, following the rising diaphragm, the internal organs are "sucked" in the direction of the chest.
- We hold our breath for a few seconds.
- Inhale smoothly and relax.
The number of repetitions is 3-5.
For starters, it is better to perform the exercise in a supine position. This is the easiest way to achieve the feeling of vacuum. You can then do the exercise in an upright position.
Evening exercises before bed
What exercises can you do before bed? Here is another exercise program to develop problem areas. The names "morning" and "evening" do not mean that you should do two workouts a day. It is recommended that you train on different days, making sure that you maintain adequate intervals between muscle recovery workouts.
It is ideal to train during the day. This is the minimum time needed to allow stressed muscles to recover and gain weight.
By the way, girls should not be afraid of the appearance of excessive muscle relief: their natural hormonal "cocktail" helps men to build mass. All photos of muscular fitness beauties, whose figures are beginning to look like men, show the intake of drugs that affect the growth of muscle tissue (steroids and other "chemistry"). If you have not noticed anything like the reception, then you should not be afraid of the "sloping bottom in the shoulders".
There are many options for performing this exercise. Distribute squats:
- with own weight;
- with weights (with dumbbells or barbells);
- using an elastic band.
Let's look at each of the options so you can go from easy to hard and build up a load as your endurance and muscle strength increase.
The classic squats are performed as follows:
- Starting position: feet shoulder-width apart, arms outstretched palms down or down, elbows soft.
- As we inhale, we squat until our thighs are parallel to the floor. We make sure that the knees do not protrude beyond the fingertips. The body moves slightly forward.
- Hold the lower point of the squat for a few seconds, notice how the muscles of the buttocks and back of the thigh are tense.
- To maintain balance, when performing a squat, the arms can be stretched forward.
- On exhalation we return to the starting position.
Slightly more difficult than ordinary squats, the exercise is performed with an elastic band. Its length should be sufficient so that you can place your feet shoulder-width apart. The bar is located approximately at the level of the middle of the calf or knee. The squat with a rubber band is performed in the same way as a regular squat.
The elastic band gives extra load due to the fact that it requires extra effort to pull it between the legs.
The use of free weights can significantly increase the load on the muscles of the lower trunk and legs. You can start with dumbbells or a pancake from a barbell, then take a barbell from a barbell and then a barbell with enough weight. It is important to remember that the heavier the weight, the stricter the requirements for the technique of performing the movements, as the risk of injury to the knee joints increases.
The repetition of squats is not an end in itself. You should not try to do many repetitions for a limited period of time. The smoothness and completeness of the movements are important here. Only a deep squat with tension in the buttocks, which is performed as if you want to squat on the edge of a chair too far behind your back, can provide optimal load on the muscles of the buttocks and ensure the perfect shape of this part of the body.
Good training for the leg muscles and at the same time for the cardiovascular system, as moving forward while performing strokes is a serious strain.
Attacks can be carried out both forward and sideways. If there is not enough space to move, you can use a treadmill. This will further set the speed and will not allow you to slow down when the load starts to affect.
The technique of performing forward strikes includes:
- Take a large step forward from an upright position. The movement is performed by inhalation.
- The step should be so wide that when lowering the torso, the back leg can almost touch the floor with the knee. In this case, the front leg must be perpendicular to the floor.
- While driving, we keep the body perfectly upright.
- To take the next step as you exhale, we rise to the starting position and repeat the movement.
When the usual attacks no longer seem difficult, you can take dumbbells, a barbell barbell and then a pancake barbell. Using free weights will allow you to achieve the perfect shape of your legs in a short time.
Standard and very popular abdominal exercise.
- We lie on our backs, join our hands in a lock at the back of our heads, bend our knees, spread shoulder-width apart, and place our feet on the floor.
- When exhaling, we tear the head, neck and shoulders from the mat due to the muscular effort of the press.
- We perform contractions of the abdominal muscles in such a way that the upper part of the body rises to the legs and does not sink completely to the floor.
- When inhaling, return to the starting position.
The height of the body lift can vary considerably. The significant amplitude of the movement contributes to a thorough examination of the middle part of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall. Small and frequent lifts load the lower third of the rectus abdominis muscle.
The number of repetitions is determined by the range of motion. You can start with 30 repetitions divided into 3 sets and then increase the number of repetitions.
An excellent exercise that engages most of your abdominal muscles at once.
How to perform the classic version of the "bike":
- The starting position is lying on the floor, the arms are pressed to the back of the head, the legs are bent at the knee and the hip joints so that the legs do not touch the floor.
- Lift your shoulders and upper third of your back off the floor.
- We begin to stretch our elbows to the opposite knee, as we move our legs as if we were pedaling.
- While one leg extends from the knee to the elbow, the other should be straight and kept at some distance from the floor.
We start with 10 repetitions in 3 sets.
We form a perfect shape of the back, get rid of fat "rolls" in the lumbar region.
Hyperextension is performed as follows:
- We lie on the floor face down, stretch our arms out in front of us or remove our palms behind our heads.
- When exhaling, detach your arms, upper body and legs from the floor at the same time.
- Hold this position for 3-5 seconds.
- Without relieving muscle tension, we return to the starting position.
We start with 10 repetitions.
If we talk about hyperextension, then the smoothness of movements is important. Do not strain the waist unnecessarily: they rise slightly above the floor, descend smoothly.
Exercise for the development of the muscles of the shoulder girdle and the upper third of the back.
The push-ups are performed as follows:
- Starting position: the arms are slightly wider than the shoulders; the back, buttocks and hips are in line, the legs resting on the knees on the floor.
- As we inhale, we lower the body almost to the touch of the chest with the floor.
- As we exhale, we push ourselves up, straightening our arms.
We start with 10 reps and 3 sets. Then the number of repetitions can vary depending on endurance and training goals.
Quick charge with hula hoop
Hula hoop classes can hardly be considered an independent type of training, but rather they have an ancillary nature. Although you should not underestimate the capabilities of the hoop in shaping a thin waist. Intensive massage of problem areas can work wonders, provided that other conditions for effective weight loss are met.
It is not worth starting to train with a very heavy hula hoop, as it will simply fall without having time to really relax. For a start, a hoop weighing 800-1200 g will suffice.
Pay attention to the massage "bumps" on the inside of the hoop. For beginners are suitable models with massage protrusions of soft rubber. And even for the use of such models, at first you may need a special wide belt, which somewhat softens the effect of "pimples""on the skin of the abdomen and reduces discomfort.
We start to rotate the hoop at a time convenient for you and gradually increase the training time to 15-20 minutes.
Jumping rope is a great cardio workout that loads all important muscle groups. Legs, back, abdomen, arms and shoulder girdle are included.
It is better for beginners to take a regular rope and not chase "professional" models with weight. It is better to start training from 1-3 minutes, depending on your health and pace of movement. In the future, the duration of the lesson mayto be increased to 15-20 minutes and then to start gradually increasing the speed of movements.
If you set a goal, then a 15-minute rope workout can be diversified by performing exercises to develop balance and coordination of movements.
Hula hoop and jump rope exercises can be used as a warm-up or for simple workouts on weekends after completing the basic sets of exercises (morning and evening).
As you can see, keeping fit with the right level of motivation will not be overwhelming. We choose a diet, choose an appropriate training program and after a few weeks of regular work on ourselves, we notice in the mirror dramatic changes in figure, well-being and mood. Here, as they say, the road will be mastered by the walker.