A carbohydrate-free diet allows you to lose weight quickly, but it is better to apply it after a complete examination. The diet has many contraindications and can be harmful to the body if used longer than the recommended period.
What is a diet without carbohydrates
The diet is designed for bodybuilders to build muscle mass while maximizing body fat loss. In the future, the diet is formed as follows: 50% protein, about 40% fat, the recommended amount of carbohydrates is 10-15%.
Benefit and harm
When this food system is used, the amount of insulin produced is reduced while the production of ketone bodies is activated. This leads to the conversion of body fat into energy.
The diet has several disadvantages. In the first days after switching to a diet, due to a decrease in glucose levels, complaints may occur:
- general weakness;
- reduced productivity.
Due to the reduction of carbohydrate food, the brain lacks glucose, which is why there is a possibility of developing depressive states. Increased irritability is also possible. In rare cases, fainting is observed. Lack of fiber in the diet can cause constipation. Because the diet is designed to last a long time, nutritional deficiencies can occur in foods rich in carbohydrates.
Before you start using the diet, it is necessary to undergo an examination and consult a doctor, as the diet has a number of contraindications and its use can lead to serious negative consequences. It is not recommended for people suffering from chronic diseases of the kidneys and liver, as excessive amounts of protein can worsen the course of existing pathologies.
The diet is contraindicated in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus and other endocrine pathologies associated with impaired metabolic processes in the body. The transition to protein foods can also create conditions for exacerbation of existing diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The diet requires compliance with a number of rules:
- Food should be taken in small portions, but at least 5 times a day.
- The maximum allowable carbohydrates should be for breakfast. In this case, they will help the body to wake up, but will not prevent the active burning of fat.
- On the first day of the diet it is recommended to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the diet to 80 g, and in the next 3 days to reduce their content in the diet to 20-40 g. This will avoid side effects.
- Food should be boiled, stewed or baked. Fried and fatty foods should be discarded.
- Dinner should be the least caloric food of the day.
- The last meal should be no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
It is recommended to exercise regularly to achieve positive results from your diet. You can not abruptly leave the diet, switching to foods high in carbohydrates, as this can adversely affect the functioning of all body systems.
What can you eat
Before compiling a weekly menu, you need to know which foods you can eat and which ones should be excluded. The basis of the diet should be foods low in carbohydrates. To begin the process of eliminating body fat with the help of this diet, it is necessary to exclude all foods containing sugar.
It is not recommended to include the following products in the menu:
- Paradise apple;
- White rice;
- wheat flour;
- sausages and so on.
It is unacceptable to use ready meals with a high content of animal and vegetable fats. We must forget about sugary drinks, fast food and alcohol. You cannot use semi-finished and canned food. It is recommended to use black pepper, salt and other spices to a minimum.
Stages of diet
The diet gives good results due to the slow transition of the body to a state of ketosis. This process can be roughly divided into 4 stages. Each of them has its own characteristics of development.
- The first stage of the process begins after introducing a small amount of carbohydrates into the breakfast diet and blocking their intake throughout the day. This leads to the fact that initially glucose is consumed from food, then the glycogen stores of the muscles begin to deplete.
- The second stage - on the second day it is recommended to strongly limit carbohydrates. Glucose delivered with food is critically low, glycogen stores are depleted, and the body begins to switch to other energy sources. The process of burning fat reserves is activated.
- Approximately 3-4 days after the start of the diet, the third stage of the process begins. To prevent muscle loss, a high protein diet is recommended during the first few weeks of the diet. During this period, 1 kg of weight should have at least 3-4 g of protein.
- About a week after starting the diet, stage 4 of the process begins. Metabolism is restored, ketosis begins and active burning of body fat begins. The muscles become tighter and more elastic.
There are several types of diet. Some of them are gentle and suitable for a wide range of people, while others are recommended to be used only by professional athletes in preparation for the competition.
A feature of this diet is the need to reduce the amount of carbohydrates to 20 g in the form of fiber. The basis of the diet are foods high in protein and fat. This diet gives good results, but due to constant glucose deficiency, lethargy, memory impairment, decreased thinking speed and distraction can occur. Long-term adherence to this diet is associated with the risk of developing chronic disorders.
Powerful carbohydrate diet
This system is rigid, it is recommended to use for a short period and only for professional athletes. Carbohydrates can be consumed only before physical activity and an intensive training program is required.
Circular diet without carbohydrates
You can eat 30-40 g of carbohydrates, it is allowed to include cereals and vegetables in the diet. Restrictions must be observed for 6 days, followed by a "charge" day. On this day you can eat pasta, fresh and cooked vegetables, as well as limited unsweetened fruits. Side effects are minimal with this type of diet. After the charge dayyou must follow the diet again for 6 days.
The toxins formed in the process will flow from the adipose tissue into the blood as you lose weight. To remove them, you need to drink at least 1, 5-2 liters of water a day. Adequate fluid intake stimulates intestinal motility in conditions of lack of fiber due to limiting the intake of fresh vegetables, fruits and cereals.
How long can you sit on a carbohydrate-free diet
It is unacceptable to completely switch to a carbohydrate-free diet. The recommended duration of the diet is 3-6 weeks. The duration depends on the amount of extra pounds and how well the body tolerates this type of diet.
Diet menu for the week
Having a planned menu for each day can reduce the risk of failure. It is better to plan your diet for the week and prepare food in advance.
- breakfast: vegetable stew, 200 g of boiled beef, low-fat yogurt;
- lunch: green apple;
- lunch: sauerkraut, roasted fish - 200 g, green tea;
- afternoon breakfast: a few pieces of hard cheese;
- dinner: rabbit meat - 100 g, seafood salad, green tea.
- breakfast: vegetable salad, omelet of 3 proteins, kefir;
- lunch: pomelo;
- lunch: turkey - 200 g, vegetable stew, cottage cheese;
- afternoon breakfast: low-fat milk;
- dinner: boiled fish - 200 g, cheese
- breakfast: oatmeal, ham, green tea;
- lunch: grapefruit;
- lunch: boiled pork - 200 g, cucumber, buckwheat porridge;
- afternoon breakfast: fermented baked milk;
- dinner: turkey soup, cottage cheese - 100 g.
- breakfast: protein omelet, boiled chicken and wholemeal bread;
- lunch: kefir;
- lunch: vegetable stew, 200 g rabbit meat, buckwheat porridge;
- afternoon breakfast: low-fat milk;
- dinner: stew, fresh vegetable salad.
- breakfast: roasted chicken liver, tomato and cucumber salad;
- lunch: unsweetened pear;
- lunch: fish broth, vinaigrette, 200 g lamb;
- afternoon breakfast: apple;
- dinner: seafood salad, egg whites and a glass of yogurt.
- breakfast: cucumber and cabbage salad with olive oil, boiled chicken breast, green tea;
- lunch: green apple;
- lunch: roasted fish, stewed vegetables, unsweetened tea;
- afternoon breakfast: cottage cheese;
- dinner: low-fat yogurt without additives, eggs stuffed with chicken.
- breakfast: low-fat kefir, oatmeal, dried fruit;
- lunch: nuts;
- lunch: meatball soup, sauerkraut;
- afternoon breakfast: low-fat cheese;
- dinner: boiled low-fat fish, green tea without sugar.
In case of failure
If there is a breakdown, you should not blame yourself, it will not bring any benefit. With a single use of an unauthorized product, a breakdown will not affect the weight loss results in any way. If damage occurs daily, you need to understand the causes of the problem. Often on a protein diet, breakdowns occur due to deterioration in physical condition. In this case, it is better to switch to a more sparing diet.
How to get out of the diet
Proper exit guarantees the consolidation of the obtained result. You need to gradually switch from a low carb diet to a low carb diet. The release period is 2 weeks, the products should be introduced gradually, monitoring the body's response to them. The content of carbohydrates in the daily diet during this time should be increased to 80 g.
During pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the female body and the developing fetus need different nutrients, so avoiding foods high in carbohydrates can have adverse effects. In some cases, doctors prescribe a diet for pregnant women, in which the amount of carbohydrates consumed should be reduced to 80 g. A specialist should prescribe a special diet during pregnancy and lactation. It is impossible to decide on the transition to such food alone.