The ketogenic diet (keto) is very low-carb diet helps you to burn fat. For him has many benefits, and weight loss improve your health, but also has some side effects.
- Keto diet pros
- Keto diet what is forbidden
- How ketosis?
- Keto diet side effects and how to avoid them
The ketogenic diet is similar to other solid with low-carb diets such as the Atkins diet, or LCHF. These diets are usually ketogenic finally more or less by accident. The main difference between a limited and strict LCHF keto diet protein last.
A small molecule that produces ketosis, a body of fuel under the name “Evolution”. Of this alternative fuel for the body.
Ketones are produced if too little carbs (fast sugar split, blood) and moderate amounts of protein (excess protein also can be converted to blood sugar).
How to lose weight baby food?
Ketones of fat in the liver. These are then used as fuel for all the body, including the brain. The brain is an organ, consume a lot of energy every day, and it may not work you can switch to oil. Only glucose or ketone that can work.
On ketojenik whole diet enters the body, and the fuel and running the carb almost entirely fat. Insulin levels very low and your rate of fat loss increases significantly. The body to burn its own fat reserves for easy access by them.
Keto diet pros
Any similar advantages ketojenik diet with a strict low-carb diet. However, the effect can be higher because protein is limited. Such a diet increases the level of ketones, and insulin levels lowers.
- Significantly increases fat burning diet on keto is because an insulin drip. This creates an ideal environment which may occur weight loss, without hunger.
- About 20 scientific studies when compared with other diets, low carb and keto diet is caused by a more effective product.
- Why a university sustainable fuel ketosis (ketone) brain. And on the ketogenic diet you need to avoid big fluctuations blood sugar. This often leads to high concentration of attention.
- Many people, especially to improve mental performance that uses a keto diet. A few days (a week) keto-in harmony with a person might experience some difficulty concentrating, headaches, irritability, ketone body and brain goes to possible and easy.
- Possible ketosis many people who live more energy.
- The ketogenic diet also significantly increase the physical stamina, giving you continuous access to your fat stores for energy.
- The body, the body carbohydrates (glycogen) intense exercise enough only a few hours, or less. When fat stores enough energy how to give a long and intensive training.
Keto diet what is forbidden
Most importantly, to achieve ketosis should avoid eating carbohydrates, ideally to reduce consumption below 20 grams. Less carbs, the better.
You can measure your ketosis by testing urine, blood or respiratory. But clear signs. Ketosis symptoms: dry mouth, thirst, frequent urination.
Dry mouth and excessive thirst. If there's enough drinking and enough electrolytes you may feel dry mouth. Try to drink a glass of water for a day or two, plus you must drink much water.
Frequent urination – another symptom of ketosis.
Keto-breath – acetone ketone bodies visible because of odor, halitosis, perhaps, “fruit”, or a similar scent nail Polish remover. This fragrance sometimes an umbrella, sweat, a very short time after keto-adaptation will be.
Other, less specific, but most of the signs are more positive:
Decrease hunger – many people experience a significant reduction in hunger. This may cause the Fed increased the ability of the body's own fat reserves. Many people feel, to make only one or two times a day to eat with periodic fasting. This saves time and money, and also helps to lose weight.
Increased energy – increased energy and feeling tired for a few days will pass and close Health.
How to achieve sustainable ketosis
- Limit of 20 grams of carbohydrates a day.
- A moderate level of protein restriction. To have to 1 gram of protein kg of body weight per day or under. This is approximately 70 grams of protein per day, 70 kilograms in weight.
- Sufficient oil, to make you feel satiated.
- Avoid snacking when not hungry. Unnecessary snacks, reduce ketosis and slow weight loss.
If necessary, add to, periodic fasting, for example, a 16:8 - 16 hours for 8 hours and fasting for food intake. This very effectively to increase ketone.
Keto diet side effects and how to avoid them
The first stage of transition in keto mode, you may experience side effects called keto-grip. Visible symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea, headache, cramps, etc. for what you need to do to avoid or alleviate these symptoms:
- Drinking water with salt and lemon – also, drink every day a glass of water.
- Gradually increasing to a sharp decline in carbohydrate intake leads to stronger symptoms
In the first stage, the ketogenic diet, you are losing water and therefore electrolytes. Delayed because this is happening in the body water and salt, carbohydrate, carbohydrates, so when there is a right of the body also lost juice.
When suddenly removed carb diet, the brain learns to use ketone bodies for energy instead of sugar some time ago. This means that if you decrease carbs greatly, as you can get symptoms of fatigue, nausea and headache. A week or more increased carbohydrate intake, your body gets used to it fat burning and glucose and ketones on the transition is easier and you have any symptoms.